If you like a camera that will definitely stand out from the crowd, and you tend to be hard on cameras or lose them easily, Pentax's WG-1 is a good choice. Waterproof to 33 feet, shock resistant and with an easy to hold shape, crushproof, dustproof and coldproof - it has you covered for anything from dropping it out of your car into a puddle to white water rafting. A nylon strap with an aluminum clip on one end allow you to hang it from your backpack, belt, or clip it to a tree (just don't forget you clipped it there!). It has face recognition and a self-portrait assist mode for those of you who like to shoot pictures of your favorite person. There's built-in GPS so you know exactly where a given image is shot, it writes that information right to the file. If you upload to flickr or any other site that can show where an image was shot on a map, that will automatically be entered. Brag, show off to your friends where you've been!
The LCD on the back is a nice, easy to see 2.7 inch LCD. Though that doesn't seem that big, when you see it on the camera, it's most of the back. And it's wide screen, so shooting video will take advantage of the whole screen. Menus and buttons are laid out simply and are easy to understand.
It shoots 720p HD video, and an HDMI port so you can play the footage or your pictures directly onto your HDTV screen. The WG-1 is available in a few interesting color combinations to make it even more unusual and fun, not to mention technical-looking.
- Rugged 12th-generation waterproof digital camera is adventure proof, and suitable for almost any environment
- Waterproof to 33 feet; shockproof design protects from drops up to 5 feet; also crushproof, coldproof and dustproof
- 14-megapixel resolution; wide-angle 5x internal optical zoom lens (28-140mm equivalent)
- Capture video in widescreen 720p HD at 30 frames per second
- Compatible with SD, SDHC, SDXC memory cards (not included)
For more information or to purchase a Pentax Optio WG-1 Adventure Series Camer
a, visit Amazon.com